Last Updated June 6, 2019
Why Your Personal Information is Necessary for Our Product
CloudEngage provides personalized online experiences. Offering these customized experiences requires CloudEngage to process personal information you provide or that CloudEngage receives about you from services you have authorized to provide information to CloudEngage (an “Authorized Platform”). This personalization is important because it allows you to receive information and materials that are likely to be of interest to you. Personalization can take the form of location-specific offers provided by businesses, direct interactions with local businesses, and other audience-specific interactive discussions. If you do not agree to the terms of this policy, please do not use the Service.
Information We Process to Provide the Service
Personal information means information that identifies, relates to, describes, is capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular consumer or household. In many instances, the information CloudEngage processes has been sufficiently anonymized that CloudEngage could not reasonably link the information with a particular consumer or household (“Anonymous Data”). In general, you can browse the Services without providing personal information to CloudEngage.
Creating a CloudEngage account requires only your basic contact information, including your first name, last name, and your email address. We will also require you to select a password for authentication. We receive and store this information and use it to create a user profile and provide you with access to the Service. We may use your email address to contact you with information relating to the Service or to provide support. We may also require your contact and payment information if you obtain a paid subscription to use features of the Service.
When you use an Authorized Platform, CloudEngage may collect additional personal information, including your basic contact information, your telephone number, your location, demographics, and your use of the Service. We may also collect and record certain information such as your unique device ID, hardware type, media access control (“MAC”) address, international mobile equipment identity (“IMEI”), the version of your operating system (“OS”), and your location (based on your Internet Protocol (“IP”) address). This information is useful to us for troubleshooting and helps us understand usage trends and for providing you with the correct version of the application.
Data Privacy Rights
You have the following rights with respect to your personal information:
- Right to Know– a right to know what personal information is collected about you;
- Right to Access – a right to access your personal information;
- Right to Disclosure of Sales of Personal Information – a right to know whether your personal information is sold or disclosed and to whom;
- Right to Opt Out of Sales of Personal Information – a right to prevent a business from selling your personal information and prohibit businesses from discriminating against you if you choose to exercise such right;
- Right to Opt In – a right for individuals under 16 years of age to prohibit a business from selling their personal information, unless affirmatively authorized;
- Right to Erasure – a right to request erasure of personal information upon receipt of a verified consumer request.
CloudEngage will take reasonable steps to allow you to correct, amend, delete, or limit the use of your personal information. Please contact us if you wish to learn what personal information we hold about you or would like to request deletion of your personal information. Once we have verified your identity, we will comply with all reasonable requests.
You may communicate with us regarding any privacy-related matters by telephoning us at (509) 499-2022, visiting our website at https://cloudengage.com/privacy-policy/, or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We take all of your concerns seriously and will review any written complaints received by us. We will cooperate with the appropriate regulatory authorities to resolve any complaints regarding your personal information.
Why We Process Your Personal Information
The following list details how and why CloudEngage uses your personal information when providing the Service:
- Authentication. We use your personal information to authenticate user sign-in attempts or API requests. This generally allows us to prevent individuals without access to your email address and password combination from logging in to your user account or otherwise using the Service as if you.
- Notifications. We may provide you with notifications via SMS or email regarding your use of the Service. You may adjust your notification settings within your user account options.
- User Experience & Research; Support. We may use your contact information to ask you about your user experience and your use of the Service. We may use automated tools to provide user-specific support services. These tools use your personal information to enable you to return to conversations on a future visit to the Website. We may also use your contact information to provide support via email.
- Localization. We may use your personal information to help an Authorized Platform present information that is relevant to individuals within your geographic proximity. For example, conference organizers or local businesses may be able to provide information about events or special offers that are only available at certain locations and would not be of interest to all users of the Authorized Platform.
- Anonymization. We may further process your personal information to irreversibly render it Anonymous Data. With respect to Anonymous Data, CloudEngage will (i) maintain technical safeguards intended to prohibit reidentification of users, (ii) maintain business processes intended to prohibit reidentification of users; (iii) maintain business processes intended to prevent inadvertent release of Anonymous Data; and (iv) refrain from attempting to reidentify users. Subject to applicable law, Anonymous Data may be processed without restriction.
- Detecting and Preventing Fraud. We use your information to monitor for potentially fraudulent activities committed using the Service.
Business Purposes for Processing Personal Information
CloudEngage’s primary business for processing your personal information is to provide a highly customized user experience when you interact with the Service and/or Authorized Platforms. In connection with that objective, CloudEngage also wishes to provide an excellent and secure user experience. We use your personal information to help prevent other users from accessing your user account. We also may use your personal information to provide customer support, evaluate and improve our Service (including using Service Usage Statistics or direct customer feedback), and to detect and prevent fraud, which helps protect us and our users from harm.
In addition to the specific bases for disclosure of personal information set forth in this section, we may disclose your personal information where such disclosure is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which we are subject, including without limitation, lawful law enforcement requests and United States Treasury Department Office of Foreign Assets Control compliance. To the extent we are legally required to disclose information to law enforcement, we will comply with such requests. We will not otherwise voluntarily disclose your information.
Where and How is my Personal Information processed?
CloudEngage is located on the West Coast of the United States. CloudEngage uses the services of the following subprocessors:
- Amazon Web Services, Inc.
CloudEngage uses Amazon Web Services to host portions of its server infrastructure.
- Microsoft Corporation
CloudEngage uses Microsoft Azure to host portions of its server infrastructure.
- Google LLC
CloudEngage uses Google Analytics to measure and understand users’ use of the Service.
- Segment.io, Inc.
CloudEngage uses Segment to measure and understand users’ use of the Service.
- SendGrid, Inc.
CloudEngage uses SendGrid to programmatically send emails in connection with the Service.
- The Rocket Science Group LLC d/b/a Mailchimp
CloudEngage uses Mailchimp and Mandrill by Mailchimp to conduct email marketing campaigns.
How long does CloudEngage retain my Personal Information?
We will retain your personal information for the period necessary to fulfill the purposes outlined in this Agreement unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law, for legal, tax or regulatory reasons, or other legitimate and lawful business purposes.
Can I Limit CloudEngage’s Processing of my Personal Information? Can I Request Deletion of my Personal Information?
Yes, you may limit our processing of your data or request deletion by contacting us at email@example.com. However, if compliance with your request would prevent CloudEngage from being able to provide the Service to you, then compliance with your request may require termination of your user account.
Does CloudEngage Process the Personal Information of Children?
CloudEngage requires that all of its users be over 13 years of age. If you have concerns or believe CloudEngage may have received personal information relating to a person under the age of 13, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How can I Access my Information? Can I Request a Correction?
Yes, you may obtain a copy or request a correction of your personal information by emailing email@example.com. You may also contact applicable regulatory authorities regarding our processing of your personal information.
California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018
To the extent possible, users will receive equal service and price regardless of whether they exercise their privacy rights under the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018. CloudEngage does not sell the personal information of its users.
Usage Statistics & Tracking
Cookies. Cookies are small text files that are transferred to your computer and/or device to remember things about your visit, such as your preferences or a user session identification number. Information contained in a cookie may be linked to your personal information for purposes such as improving the quality of the Service or tailoring recommendations to your interests. You can disable cookies at any time, although it may prevent you from accessing or using some or all features of the Service.
Web Beacons. A “Web Beacon” is an object that is embedded in a web page that is usually invisible to the user and allows website operators to check whether a user has viewed a particular web page. CloudEngage may use Web Beacons with the Service to count users who have visited particular pages. Web Beacons are not used to access users’ personally identifiable information; they are a technique CloudEngage may use to compile aggregated statistics about usage of the Service. Web Beacons collect only a limited set of information including a cookie number, time and date of a page view, and a description of the page on which the Web Beacon resides.
You may not decline Web Beacons. However, they can be rendered ineffective by declining all cookies or modifying your browser setting to notify you each time a cookie is tendered and permit you to accept or decline cookies on an individual basis. Third parties are not permitted to use Web Beacons with the Service.
“Do Not Track” Signals Under California Online Privacy Protection Act (CalOPPA). CloudEngage does not support Do Not Track (“DNT”). Do Not Track is a preference you can set in your web browser to inform websites that you do not want to be tracked. You can enable or disable Do Not Track by visiting the Preferences or Settings page of your web browser.